The weekend has come to an end. It’s Sunday night and your weekend is a blur of cheap champagne, good friends and lots and lots of fun. Cooking is the last thing you want to do right now. In fact, all you want is one more wonderful evening before the dreaded Monday morning blues roll around! The takeaway menu is lying on your kitchen counter and it would just be so easy to dial that sh*tty Chinese down the street. Stop! Throw that menu away. Put your phone down. Takeaway meals are so easy to make at home. This weekend, Asian food was on my mind, but rather than go to ‘Yum Yum‘ down the road, I decided to make my own healthy version of what I was craving. A few basic ingredients and all of ten minutes later, and dinner was served… an absolutely delicious, fragrant prawn curry served over some fluffy brown rice.
Whether it’s Fish n’ Chips, Pizza, Burgers, or Chinese Chicken, I will help you make your own healthy version! If you have any requests for healthy versions of your favourite takeaway meals, simply post on my Facebook or Instagram page. Until then, have a delicious night.
- 180g Raw Jumbo King Prawns
- 2 tbsp of coconut cream
- 2-4 tbsp of boiling water
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1″ of chopped Ginger
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh coriander
- a pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 a tsp of honey
- 1 tsp of coconut oil for cooking
- 75g of Brown Rice (or basmati rice)
- a sprinkle of desiccated coconut (for serving)
- Melt the coconut oil in a shallow frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add the chopped garlic and ginger.
- Add the prawns and let them cook halfway through (2-3 mins approx).
- Add the chilli flakes, soy sauce and honey.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream, water and coriander.
- Cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Serve over the rice, add the coconut, and tuck in!