Ok, let’s just be honest for a second here. Plain boiled broccoli is boring! (Try saying that five times fast.) Trust me, I ate it for more than six months straight. Today, I knew I had to make a delicious dish with the broccoli that was patiently waiting in my refrigerator, and I had a few other food items that needed using up as well. This is how the creamy broccoli salad happened.
This dish is absolutely delicious, and packed with fibre and vitamin C. Also, the apple cider vinegar helps soften the harshness of the broccoli and red onion on your tummy, so bloating and wind (for people with sensitive tummies like me) should be kept to a minimum. It’s sweetened by the tomatoes and the honey, but if you’re on a no-sugar diet, consider the honey optional!
Summer may be over, but there is no way I am saying goodbye to my summer body! In fact, I am more excited than ever before about eating healthy and staying fit during the upcoming winter months. Autumn and Winter foods are the best. Hello pumpkin, cinnamon, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, vanilla, and more! I am really looking forward to getting creative in the kitchen and sharing all of my creations with my readers.
As you know, this blog is all about green food, so as much as my diet may turn a little orange this season, I will still be giving you plenty of recipes to get your greens in wherever you can. I hope you enjoy this salad and please give me a shout-out on Instagram or Facebook if you make it!
- 1 head of Broccoli
- 1/2 a red onion
- 2 medium Salad Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (or pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup of Skyr Icelandic Yoghurt or 0% Greek Yoghurt
- Chop up one head of broccoli into small florets and place in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Drain, season with a little salt and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop up the salad tomatoes and the red onion and add to the broccoli.
- Add the yoghurt, mustard, honey, oil, vinegar, and stir it all together.
- Season with the salt, add the chia seeds, and toss it up.
- Serve and enjoy!